Category “Summer 2006 Anime Review”

Chocotto Sister – Anime Review

Tuesday, 26 October, 2010

Review: Haruma Kawagoe wished to have a baby sister so much and when his mother got pregnant he was very happy. However, his mother miscarried the child and told him she could never have a child again. Haruma was very sad and on that night he prayed to god that his mother gets well again and to Santa to get a little Sister. Years have passed and suddenly on Christmas Eve a hot chick on a motorbike wearing a Santa costume drives by and delivers what she claims to be his younger sister. Haruma can’t believe his eyes.

This anime is a rather weak adaptation of an also not too interesting manga, but still I’m sure there are lots of fans who can still enjoy this kind of show.
Rating: 5/10

Muteki Kanban Musume: Noodle Fighter Miki

Tuesday, 26 October, 2010

Review: Muteki Kanban Musume is the crazy and funny story about Onimaru Miki who is the daughter of the female owner of a ramen-restaurant. She works there as a waitress and delivery girl. However, she is very strong and has a “special” personality, picking fights and competitions with the locals, easily gets distracted from delivering something and always making trouble. It is the story about her daily life and her meeting other people with unique personalities.
Rating: 7,5/10

Night Head Genesis – Anime Review

Tuesday, 26 October, 2010

Review: The human brain only uses 30% of its capacity. The true potential of human beings lay within the other 70%. When the 2 brothers Kihiraha Naoto and Kirihara Naoya were born their parents found out very early that they are different from other children. They had supernatural telekinesis powers and often got into conflict in society because of that. When they got a little older their parent made the decision for them to live in a laboratory for their own good. Naoto and Naoya felt abandoned by society and by their parents; they felt as if they had nothing but each other. 15 years have passed now and they are planning to break out again and live a free life.

Night Head Genesis is a Sci-Fi drama that takes place in present time and is about 2 brothers who have been abandoned by society because they are “different” and have nothing but each other. The obvious yet not explicit homosexual hints are a clear sign that this show is geared towards women. It’s a shame that an otherwise most interesting and original srory is weakend for male viewers by this fact.
Rating: 8,5/10

Innocent Venus – Anime Review

Tuesday, 26 October, 2010

Review: Innocent Venus takes place in an apocalyptic setting in 2010 AD. Lots of Hyper Hurricanes formed simultaneous across the globe. Billions of people were killed, counties destroyed and economic and military balance disrupted. The world map changed dramatically and mankind entered a new era. A ruling class was established (Logos). Logos are rich and live in new rebuild district with advanced technology and economy. Outside of those cities there live poor people (Revenus) in slums under bad conditions. The gap between rich and poor became larger and there is a war about to break out between those 2 classes.
Rating: 7/10

Kemonozume – Anime Review

Tuesday, 26 October, 2010

Review: In ancient times when the gods still had human forms, a man kidnapped a woman who was about to be sacrificed to the gods. As a punishment the gods turned them into evil spirits who can only survive by eating human flesh. Their descendants even today live quietly among humans. They are called Shokujinki and have human shape, but turn into monsters for eating humans. The Kifuuken is a group of beast-hunters and their goal is to kill all Shokujinki. Toshihiko Momota is a very skilled swordsman and the son of the organisation’s leader. He falls in love at first sight with the beautiful girl Yuka, but their relationship turns out to be very complicated since Yuka is a Shokujinki.

Kemonozume is telling the story of a forbidden love the anime way; however I do not like the hand-drawn animation quality of this anime. The characters sometimes look really deformed, especially during fights.
Rating: 7/10